Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Blockbuster

My roommate suggested that we rent the Hurt Locker from Blockbuster to watch one night. So, I agreed and he went out and purchased the movie. Just as we were starting the movie, we got a knock on our door and it was our neighbors down the hall. They convinced my roommate to go hang out, so our movie night was cut short. The next day, he started watching it, but I had to stop halfway through because I had to study for a test. When he was done, he couldn't stop talking about the movie. It was a good movie, but it just didn't catch my interest. So, everything he was saying went in one ear and out the other. I didn't want to finish the movie. I was busy. But, he insisted that I watch it. I reminded him of the late charge, but he told me not to worry because "it was worth it". I really didn't want to see it. I just grabbed the movie and tossed it into my room so he would shut up. About 5 days later, he texted me and said that Blockbuster had called him. He wanted me to return it asap. I felt like saying, "I told ya so!" But, I just returned it quietly and didn't make a scene. I paid the late fee for something I barely watched. I was mad at myself for doing that. I just wish I had the guts to tell him that I didn't want to see it in the first place. I need to be more honest with people because I know he would not have cared.

No comments:

Post a Comment