Monday, March 1, 2010

Shazam!


I remember seeing this particular Docker's ad during the Super Bowl and I thought it was really clever because the tag line was, "visit online and receive your free Dockers". I know it seemed like a gimmick, but I thought it was still a good pull. Then, I saw this ad again and I noticed a "Shazam It" logo that was placed in the bottom right corner. I began to think about it and then it came to me- it was the iPhone App! I immediately rewinded the TV and shazamed the commercial. I was so anxious for the results during the download that it almost felt unbearable. Finally, the download was complete and the shazam had worked!! I was completely in awe that this was an actual advertisement that looked like a song! The title was "Pantsformation" and the site had multiple links to the Docker's twitter, facebook, location finder, and tour pages. This was amazing! This ad not only made me look up the catchy/funny song, but it also made me want to buy Docker's! It's amazing to see how great advertising can affect a consumer. I would like to see more of this non-traditional advertisements because it really puts the pressure on the people to go beyond and find the hidden message. This was way cool!!

No comments:

Post a Comment