Monday, February 15, 2010

I Was Wrong!


'Twas the night before Christmas when I was snooping around and waiting for Santa Claus to come tumbling down our chimney. I was twelve years old and determined to find out the truth: is Santa real, or not? So, I pretended to be asleep and slithered out of my bed. I peered down from the upstairs balcony to witness the most shocking news of my youth-- Santa Claus was a fake! My father was chugging down the milk and devouring our homemade chocolate chip cookies. My stomach was in knots, but some how I mustered up the strength to crawl back into my bed. I just couldn't believe that Santa was a fake. All my classmates tried to convince me that Santa Claus was NOT real. They said my parents were the ones that put the gifts out in the middle of the night. Even, visiting Santa at the mall was just a hoax. Some even said the red dot in the sky wasn't Rudolph! Instead, it was just a plane passing by. I tried to avoid all of their stupid remarks, but after that tragic night I knew my friends were right and I felt humiliated. I wish I would have listened to my best friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment