Friday, February 19, 2010

Tiger Talks

I don't like golf. I think it's extremely boring and kind of an old man's sport. So, I never follow the PGA tours. However, I love Tiger Woods. Ever since I was a little kid I was drawing him in front of the television. I even had a Nike hat like him! He was an awesome role model with the perfect story; being a child prodigy to winning a major with a bad knee. Tiger was what everyone wanted to aspire to. However, it all spiraled down on that one gloomy night in November. What went wrong? Was Tiger secretly on drugs? Or, was it just a freak accident? No one really knew what was going on! Then, some news leaked about his sex addiction and Tiger was no where to be found.



This morning, I watched Tiger Woods address the public for the very first time since his epic car crash back in November. It was eerie to watch as one of my favorite icons was apologizing for such a terrible act. His actions were completely wrong and they caught the world by surprise. Tiger was not invincible and it turns out that he is like any other person in the world. He made a mistake and his apology was as sincere as it could get. However, I feel that Tiger's reputation will always be tarnished, until he gets back on the golf course- winning. Look at other famous people that were under public scrutiny, Kobe Bryant and Alex Rodriquez.

No comments:

Post a Comment